What is the treatment for work injuries?
Being injured at work can cause significant stress, pain, and aggravation affecting. Your ability to effectively work and provide adequate income for your needs. Our number one priority is to ensure your pain is relieved fast. So that you can safely return to work as soon as possible. We emphasize the following when it comes to your recovery after a worker’s compensation injury:
- Focused attention to pain relief
- Restoring a normal range of motion
- Restoring strength, flexibility, and stamina
- Ensuring a complete recovery after any surgical procedures
- Education on how to manage your injury and prevent future occurrences
Talk to your employer, physician or case manager today to discover how our physical therapist can help you quickly recover from your injury and get back to work safely!
What information do you provide case managers and employers?
Our physical therapist offers a variety of comprehensive programs for injured workers to help them recover quickly and safely. Once a worker has been injured, it is our goal to restore him/her to optimal function for a safe and efficient unrestricted work return. We provide detailed and timely reports as well as open communication between all parties involved in the injured worker’s case.
We will assess the worker’s current functional abilities and gather information regarding his/ her job requirements. Treatment is both evaluative and restorative. Therapy will utilize a combination of manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises, body mechanics training, modalities, and patient education/ home programming.
- Preventative Care Benefits to Employers:
- Decreased turnover
- Increased worker productivity
- Safer work environment
- Reductions in lost work time
- Diminished incidence of fraud and abuse
What is work conditioning?
Work Conditioning is performed within the course of post-injury therapy and contains a certain work task being performed as a part of the routine therapy treatment. Typical work conditioning programs are performed 3-5 days/week for 4 hours/session.
What are Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE’s)?
This is a highly specialized service in which extensive physical and evaluative testing is done that will answer the following questions:
- Can this person return to work safely?
- How severe is the client’s pain?
- What type of job can a person physically handle?
- What are a candidate’s safe lifting tolerances?
- What work accommodations could be made to allow this person back to work?
- What is the next appropriate step in rehabilitation?
- What are the candidate’s cardiovascular and physical endurance limitations for working?
- What are positional tolerances for standing, sitting, walking and other work activities?
Contact Given Sports & Physical Therapy today at Crystal Lake, IL center to learn how our physical therapist can help your work injuries to return to your work quickly and safely!